[pct-l] Washington re-route(s)

Halfmile list at lon.net
Fri Feb 5 11:56:46 CST 2010

JJ,
My Washington Section K map that can be downloaded free from
http://www.pctmap.net/download/p/mapdl.html includes the PCT, the
Forest Service Glacier Peak detour, the Jonathan Ley route, and a
Forest Service handout for the "Stock Detour Via Trail and Road".

You can also get an overview from my Google Earth file here:
http://www.pctmap.net/pctdownloads/halfmiles_pct_tracks_waypoints.kmz
This Google Earth file also includes the Forest Service and Jonathan Ley routes.

I have not hiked this section yet. The PCTA describes the closed
section as "impassable and dangerous for even the most experienced
hikers and stock" (http://www.pcta.org/general/WADetour.asp). Despite
this, I know of hikers who hiked the closed section.

My maps in this section use 2007 hiker Craig Stanton's GPS data
(http://pct2007.org/) for the PCT and National Geographic TOPO! for
the Forest Service and Jonathan Ley routes.

-Halfmile