[pct-l] Crampons

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Fri Dec 31 12:20:47 CST 2010

Mike,

I don't know yet whether you received an answer to your question regarding
crampon need for a Crest trip as we're trying to weed through 20,000 emails
received in the last week while our internet service was down due to the
recent snow storms.

You do not need crampons at all, rather something like the Katoola
microspikes or KTS model will suffice for those dangerous situations where
you find yourself surrounded by icy, crusty snow (or total glaze ice like we
had this year going up Forester!)

We at Mountain Education have been practicing and teaching these snow skills
for the past 28 years to all those who want to be better prepared to deal
with snow travel, winter or spring!

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education