[pct-l] about insurance"

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 30 13:26:03 CST 2010

Hello Gerry,

Just type in     spot   on web search. The regular price of the 2nd Generation
SPOT is $169.95.  Until December 31st they are offering it at $149.95 with free
shipping and also a extras package worth $50.00. You would have to move FAST! I
clicked on "send to a friend" and gave them your name and email.

When the SPOT rep learned that I planned to ride a horse from Mexico to
Canada on the PCT they gave me a SPOT free. All I had to do was send an "OK"
message when I reached camp every day so they could put my location on their
website. That was early in 2008 - the product had only been on the market a few
months.

I was always able to send messages to my "team" of ten. This included my wife,
SPOT, and eight others. Satellite phones don't always work. My SPOT messages
always got through. I was careful to locate the SPOT where there was a clear
shot at the sky. You can tell by the lights when the message is being sent.

MendoRider