[pct-l] Phones

albert at survivalcrafters.com albert at survivalcrafters.com
Tue Dec 28 13:25:15 CST 2010

I was kind of surprised to find out how sophisticated some of the solar
charger systems are these days. Kids carry laptops, Kindels, cellphones and
calculators in their school backpacks most of the time now and these
backpacks have built in charging systems with flexible solar panels sewn
into the covers. I've been doing weight comparisons to see what panels are
lightest and still durable enough for the PCT. If you go to amazon.com and
search for "solar backpack" you can see a whole array of what's available. I
suppose solar chargers will become standard on new hiking backpacks
eventually but they decided to tackle the multi-billion dollar kid market
before getting to the smaller hiker markets.

Albert