[pct-l] Trail Names

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Wed Dec 22 19:12:20 CST 2010

Trail names are our way of stripping away all of the labels that society have given us, including our legal names, such that all of us on the trail are on a similar level all brought together by a common passion.  A great place to check your trail name uniqueness is www.trailjournals.com. I've run into several "Strider"s and even one guy who was about 5'6" and embarrassed about the coincidence.

We can get egocentric about our trail names, but isn't that . . . like crazy.

Greg "the original Strider" Hummel

"The trees are calling me near, I've got to find out why.
Those gentle voices I hear explain it all in a sigh"
                                                                      Moody Blues