[pct-l] another corn pasta recipe

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Tue Dec 21 07:32:57 CST 2010

Here's a great recipe I got from the list last year and ate several times on the PCT.  I think it was called ghetto taco.

To a pack of beef ramen, I added freeze-dried beef, the ramen powder, some freeze-dried cheese, and a handful of crushed Doritos (they're corn, right?)  I made these up at home in a ziplock, then included in food drops along the way.  Just add boiling water, let reconstitute, and ingest.

Mango

"I pre-emptively crushed my fritos into powder to save volume. I would get three big bags 700 caloriesX3 or 2100 calories of Frito powder at every town stop on the CDT. Then I just used my spoon to eat the powder. Another great Frito dish is to put a 2 inch layer of Frito Powder in you ziplock bowl, cover with a layer of peanutbutter, add another layer of Nutella. Let stand overnight in the cool air. In the morning you have a well consolidated "Frito Pie".