[pct-l] DC Area Hikers/Parental Concerns

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 16 18:33:26 CST 2010

+1 to that, i was a complete thru-hiking n00b, and Shroomer really opened my
eyes to methods and gear etc.  the guy really knows his stuff.

of all the hikers i met,  none were highly disagreeable, which really surprised
me.  and some felt like downright family remarkably quickly.

i think it's best to just set out and meet up with people who happen to be going
about your speed...  otherwise you'll strain to follow someone elses lead, or be
held back by them.  it seemed easy to hike alone and camp together, which adds
to the 'feeling' of safety.

~Paul