[pct-l] DC Area Hikers/Parental Concerns

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 18:29:11 CST 2010

Hi Chris,

I started with a group of folks I had met on this forum last year, and it
was a great way to begin.  Within a week we had begun to split up due to
hiking speeds.  By the time I crossed into Canada I had hiked with quite a
lot of great people in 3 or 4 main groups, and had spent maybe 2 nights
sleeping by myself.  Let your family members know that you won't be alone
unless you choose to be.  And the community on trail is one of the best
you'll ever meet.  People take care of each other out there.

Shroomer