[pct-l] all those 'extras'

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 14:35:18 CST 2010

i do have a total gear list,  but it seemed spammy to post it,  "hey guys how's
my gear".  i was really trying to find out,

how different is the weight you actually hike with, vs your 'base-weight'.  with
first aid kits, fuel, food, water etc.  does your weight double? triple?

in retrospect,  if we can walk away with 12 lbs a person base, and with food and
water keep ourselves under 25; i think we're doing alright.  not as good as a
lot of the vets, but we have a setup we know works for us long term.

that said: here goes, hope i don't annoy anyone:

REI flash 65 3 lb 2 oz   ( 50 oz)
ULA circuit 2lb 4 oz    ( 36 oz)
Myog sleeping bag for two 2lb            ( 32 oz)
2 X neo air 18 oz
Nemo meta 2p w/ bags and stakes 3 lb 3 oz   ( 51 oz)
2 X thermolite ractors * 20 oz  (questionable)
4 X black diamond ergo cork poles 2lb 6 oz    (38 oz)
2 X butt mats  1.3 ounces

New kitchen

Alcohol stove 1.2 oz
Windscreen  2 oz
Titan kettle
Piece of shamwow
2 spoons 2 forks
H1 knife
alcohol bottle   8.6 oz   ... WILL BOUNCE OFTEN.

Clothing – Paul
     -  Montbell alpine down jacket
     -  Tilley hat *
     -  smartwool beanie
     -  MHW typhoon jacket
     -  wicked lite shirt
     -  mesa pants
     -  running shorts
     -  3 X socks *
     -  lightweight gloves
     -  capilene 3 sleepwear
     -  packtowel
     -  T shirt     - Headnet

Clothing – Candice
   - montbell alpine down jacket
   - Wool buff
   - Arc teryx rinacoat
   - Lonjohns top and bottom (MHW)

   - Royal robbins skirt
   - TNF pants
   - Sahara shit
   - 5 undies 1 bra 3 socks

   - swim shorts   - Headnet

Electronics
     -  garmin Dakota 20  (will bounce most sections)

     -  i-go AA & tips charger
     -  headlamp
     -  batteries
     -  Sony H55 + charger
     -  bag for it all

first aid:
pills - Zpack, ibuprofene, exlax/immdoium (just 4 each), ...roll of gauze,
tape,  few blister bandaids  (total 9 ounces)

Toilettries,  small toothpaste, sunblock (my wife's from iceland),
toothbrushes,  small hairbrush, potty trowel,  TP,  hand sanitizer, ... this is
the section we're still working on most.

Water,  useing 2 by 2L bottles, and a few Gatorade jugs as needed.  right now
we're figuring on 4 miles per liter each, and adjusting based on weather.