[pct-l] Hitch-hiking

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Dec 14 08:51:42 CST 2010

Sometimes people knew a thru-hiker when they saw one and sometimes
not. In Ashland I was told that on Highway 20 the residents know when
hiking season is and try to help out. I suspect that's typical of a
lot of places. Most of the time the people I got rides with had no
idea about thru-hikers or the trail. Telling them about it made both
our days.
Diane