[pct-l] Entry into Canada

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 11 21:30:46 CST 2010

last time i returned from Canada to the USA i had a 3 hour interview and  was
searched and forced to sit on an ultrasound type chair to check my  butthole for
paraphernalia.

you can certainly have incredibly harsh interrogations,

... but i have a long record, and entered canada illegally in the first  place,
so my situation was grossly complicated.  this was at the border  just south of
winnipeg too,  i think the west coast is more relaxed.

for others i have talked to it's pretty much swipe your passport (or  D.L.) and
drive through,  maybe run their hands through your bags.  ALL  of mine have at
minnimum involved removing every item larger than a  thimble from my pack and
confiscation of the silliest items, like any clothing made in sri lanka and
cigars.

i do not think this is normal,  really depends on your criminal record and legal
residency status.  bottom line,  why give them a REASON to do anything?  keep
your head low, and go through.  i'd get a passport.
~Paul