[pct-l] stoves?

Kevin Cook hikelite at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 10:03:52 CST 2010

How would an alcohol stove be more dangerous than a canister stove?
If either stove got kicks while it was lit, the potential to start a large
fire is there. Is it because alcohol flames are invisible in the daylight?
How would that increase the chance of a wildfire?
Honestly, the pressurized fuel canisters make me more nervous than alcohol
ever has. Those fuel canisters are essentially grenades that are just harder
to ignite, but if it ever happened, I'm afraid of all that shrapnel flying
around!

I'm sure there are reasons alcohol is more dangerous, but I'm just ignorant
about the ways they are worse.