[pct-l] stoves?

Jim Keener ( J J ) pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Fri Dec 10 09:37:48 CST 2010

Greetings,

PCT hikers have started several forest fires. Alcohol stoves are potentially more dangerous than others. The trail traverses some very fire-sensitive areas.

I think it is very likely that there will be more limits placed on fire use along the trail. Self-policing and a very heightened awareness are appropriate.

Walk well,
Jim Keener ( J J )