[pct-l] Ice Axe

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 17:21:35 CST 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Paul Robison <paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com>wrote:

> ULA took the helix off their websight,  do people know if it's still
> available?
> ...by far the lightest 'axe' out there...  and by far the heaviest potty
> trowel
> = )

You are probably not going to find the Helix at ANY retail online website (I
spent about a month looking) and about the only way to get one now is talk
somebody who has one out of theirs (which I was able to do.) One was listed
at BPL a short while ago and it went pretty fast - and was amazingly priced.
I'd have bought it just to have a second, at the price the guy sold it for,
but it went before I could grab it. Plus, the guy who I got mine from
actually did use it for a "potty trowel" - giggle - so it's a little beat up
:(

John