[pct-l] Ice Axe

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Thu Dec 9 17:12:51 CST 2010

Upon closer examination, the Camp Corsa is UIAA and CE certified as "B" or
strong enough for basic mountaineering uses. So now the question is "how
long for me?" and the answer comes from how tall you are, how much anchor
penetration do you want out of the shaft, and how long the shaft needs to be
to accomplish a safe and efficient self-arrest position across the chest?

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd