[pct-l] Early resupply in Tuolumne Meadows

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 17:18:04 CST 2010

One of the problems last year for folks going over the snows of the High
Sierra was that they didn't realize how many more calories they were going
to need to keep them going.  I met several people who had planned on fewer
resupply points, but had needed to bail at Kearsarge as they had eaten much
more of their food than they thought they would.  All the above points are
great, and Kearsarge is a beautiful pass all on its own, but if you want to
try a longer run, and some did this successfully, my suggestion is to pack
more food than you've been using up to that point.  If time is really
important, than your pack will be all that heavier over what is arguably
some of the most gorgeous trail in the country.  These are mountains worth
dawdling in, at least as much as you are comfortable doing that time of
year, and Lone Pine is a great stop and very hiker friendly.  If you're
hitting the High Sierra in late May or Early June you will be in great shape
time wise.

Shroomer