[pct-l] Early resupply in Tuolumne Meadows

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Mon Dec 6 17:12:33 CST 2010

> my original plan was to resupply in Tuolumne Meadows but it will be closed that early in the
>season.

That  may not be the case.  In 2007 (a low snow year), the store was open in the 3rd week of May when I was backpacking there.  The store opening depends on the road opening which depends on the snowpack that year.  If the road is opened, you may try to hitch over to Lee Vining or down to Yosemite Valley.  There is the option of hitching off Sonora Pass to Kennedy Meadows North or the long hitch to Bridgeport.

When I thru-hiked in 2009, I didn't supply at Tuolumne Meadows.  I carried 9days of food from Red's Meadow (Mammoth Lakes) to South Lake Tahoe (actually, I carried 10days, but only needed 9).

-Miner