[pct-l] sleeping bag - rei sub kilo

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Dec 4 22:27:40 CST 2010

Good evening, Paul,

I don’t ever stuff – and certainly not compress – my down sleeping bags.  Such
treatment is damaging to the down, although not quite so much as Jardine
writes.  By only poking it into the pack it is free to occupy all available
space, even many nooks and crannies.  Not only is packing more efficient,
but by its being loose I’m encouraged to drag it out at some sunny break
spot for a good airing.  If I had laboriously stuffed/compressed the thing I
probably wouldn’t bother to air it out nearly as much.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09