[pct-l] Thru hikers for 2011

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 18:42:33 CST 2010

on my limited experience,  scissors and third gate both had water  (very limited
at third gate).
pioneer mail was dry when i went through,  i went to julian from here (better
hitch than scissors) and put 3 gallons down when i got back on the trail to try
and give back.

fortunately, there was so much water in 2010 we didn't really need it elsewhere
in the beginning.  water between warner sprigns and idyllwild was everywhere.  i
seldom carried more than a liter or two.

~Paul

PS,  DON'T RELY ON CACHES,   hike at your own risk, and don't thirst to death. i
recommend everyone carry ten liters to be 'safe'. but seriously, i usually
carried 2 liters for ten miles. that is me taking my own risk.