[pct-l] My feet a killing me!

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Wed Dec 1 08:58:45 CST 2010

Good morning, Whimpie,
Some years ago I experienced a bout of interdigital
neuritis*<http://www.jaaos.org/cgi/content/abstract/4/6/328>
*, or “Morton’s Neuroma”, and it was crippling.  A series of the usual
repairs were tried -- beginning with the simplest and least intrusive – but
eventually they had to cut out the troublesome nerve bundle as it passes
between the toe bones.  It was minor surgery, performed with local
anesthetic, on an out-patient basis.In my case the result was great as
evidenced by my hiking of the PCT.  The only residual effect is some numbing
of portions of two toes so I have to be careful when I trim those nails;
it’s easy to draw blood if I’m not careful – big whoop.As always, this may
not apply to you and/or your results may vary.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09