[pct-l] october oregon pct hiking

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 15:39:30 CDT 2010

I would actually caution you against it.  I live in Portland and the weather
can get pretty nasty around here starting in October.  You'll be very wet
(it rains a LOT in October), and you'd be chancing serious snowstorms at
higher elevation.

I don't want to be too alarmist, so be sure to factor in others' opinions
too.  But I wouldn't make a push for the Canadian Border from Cascade locks
starting in October... and I'm a guy with an above-average tolerance for
risk.

Whatever you decide, be safe!

--
Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com
Info on PCT gear, resupply points, maps, movies, etc.

"Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
-John Wayne