[pct-l] Warning to SPOT users who don't want to renew

Jim Keener ( J J ) pct2010 at ridgetrailhiker.com
Sun Aug 22 16:34:45 CDT 2010

Jeesh indeed. Surely you read all the terms and conditions for any product or service you buy. Of course you no longer hike. There is no time. Automatic renewal without notification is legal, but a bottom-feeding way to do business.

My favorite lines from the link you provide are: "Spot LLC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.Updates will be posted to http://www.findmespot.com."

The solution is just as you have done: blame the consumer. And be certain to do it on a public forum. Chris was doing us a favor by letting us know about the charge, and you ridiculed him.

Walk well,
J J