[pct-l] Santiam Pass to Breitenbush Hot Springs

Susan Virnig susan at newstories.org
Tue Aug 17 17:17:07 CDT 2010

This is my last section for the WA and OR PCT!  I'm bringing a couple folks along with me and planning to do the 41 miles from Santiam Pass through Jeff Park and then down the BB river trail to the hot springs the last weekend in August.  Has anyone been in there this year yet?  What can you tell me?

I'm assuming there's plenty of water still, but I wonder about bugs, trail maintenance, any danger from all the standing dead wood north of Santiam, plus whatever else you could pass on.  Thanks much.

Susan from Spokane