[pct-l] Goat Rocks Area

willis.p at comcast.net willis.p at comcast.net
Fri Aug 13 00:04:01 CDT 2010

Sue,

We are in White Pass and just hiked the Goat Rocks area.  It is beautiful.

Take the hiker route above the Packwood Glacier, not the equestrian route which is lower and crosses the glacier.  There is an icy, rocky area in the middle of the glacier that is avoided by taking the hiker route.

Some bugs are out, so bring DEET.

Marmot and Trail Dog

Has anyone been in the Goat Rocks area in Washington lately?  I am heading
there for a southbound PCT hike from White Pass next week and wondering
about the snow level, ...particularly crossing Packwood Glacier and Old
Snowy area.  And how are the bugs now?

Sue
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T