[pct-l] Looking for a companion 4 2011

Lisa Freathy rainorshinecamper at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 15:32:33 CDT 2010

Hi Sherri,

I too am planning a 2011 thru attempt solo.... congrats to you for following
your dream next year! At first I was nervous about heading out there alone, but
this year I went to the ADZPCTKO event to help get rid of some butterflies and
within hours knew that there would be absolutely no problem finding MANY
wonderful, friendly, helpful folks to journey with. A few weeks ago I spent the
weekend with hikers at Sonora Pass (approx 1000 miles into the trail) and the 29
amazing hikers I spent time with during those two days only further reassured me
that if I wanted to hike with others next year I would have tons of
opportunities to meet new friends to hike with. Some of these hikers were still
with groups they met on day 2 of the trail while others were leap frogging each
other and spending time with different people along the way. I was amazed at how
many hikers were so close to one another past the 1000 mile point (I met 29 thru
hikers within a 1 1/2 day period and there were still many in town that I didn't
get the chance to meet).

For all of the many reasons listed by others in previous posts I have decided
not to commit myself in advance to hiking with any one person, but I am 100%
confident I will have the chance to hike with tons of fun people along the way.
I look forward to meeting you (and your pup) out there as well!!

Happy Hiking!
Lisa

"Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb
a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."
~ John Muir