[pct-l] Sierra City Hostel needs help!

Tom Moose greyfoxat at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 6 21:41:58 CDT 2010

Hello all!

Grey Fox here, I just joined the PCT-L for the sole purpose of trying to help out the brand new hostel in Sierra City. They just bought the Red Moose Cafe' and are using it as a hiker hostel. Unfortunately, the are having trouble with a few of the locals. Like all new hostels, i think the reason is because the locals aren't used to having us around. I mean, c'mon, weird, smelly, bearded, smelly, skinny, smelly, hungry, smelly, hikers? I wouldn't want them around either if I didn't know what they were about. I know other hostels have gone through this same sort of trouble. I know the locals will accept the hikers after a time, but I am hoping to get some help for them during this trial period with the town. If any of you out there can give any advice, if there are any lawyers, or city planners or regulators, anyone that can offer advice to this burgeoning hostel please contact them. They are going to have a meeting in the coming week concerning the hostel and they could use some experienced help.

Please contact Bill and/or Margaret ASAP at 530-862-1215 or email at notjanie at juno.com

Love (of course!!!)

-Grey Fox