[pct-l] Using the Ursack without the aluminum

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Thu Apr 22 12:42:57 CDT 2010

Unfortunately, the Ursack, with or without the aluminum liner, is not
approved for use in the SEKI.  Go to
www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/bear_bc.htm scroll to the "approved
containers" link. The
www.sierrawildbear.gov/foodstorage/approvedcontainers.htm site has links to
other areas.

The other thing to note about Ursacks is that while the Kevlar is
impenetrable by bear's teeth, the sharper teeth of little rodents can (and
do) go through it.

L-Rod