[pct-l] deyhydrated beans?

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Sun Apr 18 19:22:20 CDT 2010

I was at Pioneer Mail today, April 18. Same 3 gallons still there.
Met tons of hikers. Not many are relying on the caches. I even tried
to give some water away and the hikers didn't want/need it.

By the way, I hiked Campo to Lake Morena on Friday, April 16. I think
for at least the next week, if the temperatures stay reasonable, a
strong hiker could do this distance carrying no water at all. I
carried only one liter at a time and never ran out.

Water seemed plentiful to me all the way up to the Lagunas. With
adequate planning and reasonable temperatures, for at least the next
week, a strong hiker could hike to the Lagunas carrying no more than
a liter of water at a time.

This strong hiker would also preferably be somewhat acclimated to our
dry conditions. I suppose some back-easters or PNW-ers might die of
dehydration just from looking at the scrub brush lining the trail.
So, YMMV and all that. Seriously though, there were a lot of little
creeklets and everything was beautiful.

Diane