[pct-l] water cache sabotage?

Suzannah Swinehart suz_quz at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 17 10:11:12 CDT 2010

Could be. One of the "cache crashers" from this discussion (on the
postholer forums in 2008) could be hiking and destroying as they go. Or
it could be done by someone driving up. Unless he or she is seen in the
act, it's impossible to know...I doubt that they're going to be
advertising their actions.
As I'm sure this is bound to get a LOT of hackles up I wouldn't be surprised
if the link gets yanked, but read more at

http://postholer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=504

The endless debate of the cachers v. the no-cachers - and each thinks they
get to decide for the other. Sigh...

----------------------------------

Scott Thompson wrote

Thru-hiker Uncle Tom reports that one or more water caches have suffered
damage and water loss:

"Getting water is difficult enough, but now...(some) hikers are making a
point of taking an ice pick to the plastic jugs people put out here as
water caches."

Journal entry here:

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=305320

Any confirmation it's a current hiker doing this?

scott t.