[pct-l] Good NoBO starting point for 6/1 start date?

Darren darren.bagnall at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 16 14:22:31 CDT 2010

Hey List!

So assuming a few more things work-out I will be hitting the trail this year but with a late start. I am seeking advise on where to start NOBO around 6/1. I am thinking of starting at section D (HWY 15 near Cajon)

My thinking is:

- get out of So Cal desert before it gets too hot, join up with the tail end of the herd, but bag most of the higher elevations in socal in case I decide to finish So Cal in the late fall (although I guess I would need to start closer to Big Bear to accomplish this).

- I have family in LA willing to give me rides so skipping/flipping around so-cal sections would be easy for me.

- at this point I am not considering SOBO - I want to meet people.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Darren