[pct-l] [ pct-l ] Washing clothes on the trail

Eugene atetuna at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 15 19:27:21 CDT 2010

How do you wash your clothes on the trail?

I didn't really think of this much at first because there were a lot of places to do some cleaning, plus it was a little too cold to launder clothes while hiking, but I'm starting to think more about this now that it's getting warmer....and my vapor barrier quilt certainly doesn't help things.

I have a bottom of a milk jug that I use as a sink, plus Dr Bronners and Mirazyme.  I suppose it works a little, but it hardly gets rid of the smell like warm water in a washing machine does. The smell gets bad enough that I'm thinking seriously about carrying a shirt just to wear in trail towns.

The only downside I see to doing laundry a lot is that it washes out the permithrin....that, and I spent so much time on laundry on my last attempt that I got sunburned....at least my skin doesn't blend in with the snow now.

Sir Mix-a-lot