[pct-l] Flotsam and Jetsam

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Mon Apr 12 21:10:37 CDT 2010

Leaving corn pasta in a hiker box is one thing, but leaving it in a bear box
is NOT cool. The rangers don't think so either when they have to haul it all
out when the bear box is so full nothing else will fit. Yes, I've seen it.

As to gear scattered on the trail, read the AT story A Hike In The Woods by
Bill Bryson. I laughed so hard when I read of gear being thrown off the
trail as the pack was too heavy. I think a 2003 PCT thru read that, as he
did the same thing, coming into Lake Morena looking for a ride to REI to buy
all new and lighter gear.

AsABat