[pct-l] Asolo boots

gwschenk at socal.rr.com gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Mon Apr 12 09:24:58 CDT 2010

---- CRYSTAL NEZGODA <littlevixsin at gmail.com> wrote:
>...so did I make a bad shoe choice?

Only you can decide that. If it works for you, that's what matters.

We just had a big storm blow through SoCal last night, it was in the 50s at 1000' in the San Gabriel foothills and rained all night. I'm ASSuming that it snowed heavily in the higher elevations. NOAA is predicting a half foot of snow on the Desert Divide today. A thruhiker who was properly equipped to deal with early spring conditions in the mountains (boots, crampons, axe) safely negotiated the trail in the San Jacintos according to a list message. So don't worry about giving yourself an edge in traveling the trail, even if you're not following the latest fad.