[pct-l] Very Important

Michael Peterson wordgrouper at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 10 20:30:57 CDT 2010

Big thanks to whoever left water at WR053 (I didn't need it, but it is a
wonderful gesture).

There is water at WR059.

There is NO water at WR062.

There is free, pure well water at WR068 (Tank and water thanks to Michael
Minghini of Minghini Winery in Julian). Pie Town Gear has erected
a small tent city and is providing free solar showers, a place to camp,
padded chairs, a table, food for resupply, ice cold sodas, juice, and
gatorade, all the Hershey products,
some gear, and a welcome respite (they hauled this stuff up 12 miles of
nearly non-existent road).
Meet Linda, trail mother, she will fix feet and dry tears; Wayne will make
you coffee or cocoa and oatmeal for breakfast, and biscuits and beef stew
for dinner
and give a history/geography lesson of the area. They are 20 feet off the
trail and will be there until three weeks after the kick-off. Tip well, they

may be the only god and goddess you will meet.

There are over 60 gallons of water at WR077, oranges, extra titanium tent
stakes, a chair on which to ponder your trip,
and a pair of reading glasses (to sign the log, I assume). Thanks Dave,
Dave, and John, whoever you are.

Depth Happens

--

"A little learning is a dang'rous thing;
   Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: