[pct-l] boiling water for protein shakes

Dan Africk danstheman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 23:36:46 CDT 2010

Martin, you don't need to boil water for protein shakes if its already been
filtered or treated. My comment was referring to using a 'water straw' or
straw-type filter. If that is your means of treating water, then you can't
filter water into a container to mix it with anything(since you suck the
water directly into your mouth), so you would need to boil water first in
order to avoid the risk of pathogens. Sorry for the confusion, and the delay
in responding. I'm working through a  backlog of emails, so I'm not sure if
someone else responded to this already.

--
www.hikefor.com/haiti-2010-Dan