[pct-l] Kennedy Hot Springs Error in Eric the Black's Atlas

Brian Forestell briandid at telusplanet.net
Sun Apr 4 15:23:52 CDT 2010

One of the things that I enjoyed on the PCT were the Hot Springs along or near the trail (even Deep Springs with the creepy guy with the video camera...)  In 2003 my buddy and I hiked the Northern Section of Washington just before the trail and bridges in the Glacier Peak Section were washed away.  Unfortunately Kennedy Hot Springs were also washed away in a land slide.  Eric the Blacks 1st and 2nd Edition still refer to these Hot Springs.  I am curious whether Postholer picked up this error in his set of maps.  Last fall several thru hiking buddies of mine detoured to the Hot Springs based on Eric the Blacks Atlas and were sadly disappointed.  I took a look at the recent Updates posted on line and this error is still not corrected.

The good news is that most of the trail and bridges are rebuilt and hopefully, cross your fingers, the replacement bridge over the Suiattle will be built this July in time for 2010 thru hikers.  Hopefully they will get all the dead fall below vista ridge cleaned up as well.  The trail around Glacier Peak is breath taking.

We are planning on section hiking Washington State this August and will post our finding on the list towards the end of August and give an update of what is going on, on that section of the trail

Trouble