[pct-l] Start Date Survey Results 2010

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 4 02:01:12 CDT 2010

I would like to thank all the thru-hikers that participated in the start date survey.  You guys are great and I can't wait to be part of this group this year.

Below are the results from your participation.

In 2009 thru-hikers departed the border tightly grouped around the last weekend of April.  About 50% of the hikers departed the border in a one week window between April 21 and April 29 in the year 2009.  It appears that this season about 50% of hikers will be departing the border in a two week window between April 19 and May 4.  About 25% of the thru-hikers will depart earlier, between April 5 and April 19.  It is estimated that about another 25% of the thru-hikers will depart later between May 4 and May 18.

This survey data suggests that PCT thru-hikers are going to be more evenly distributed along the trail than the previous year.

Paul

For more details visit HikeThru.com or use the direct link below

http://pocketpct.com/about-the-pct/pct-hiker-migration/pct-hiker-migration