[pct-l] SoCal Resupply

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 23:13:24 CDT 2010

I have to agree with Iceaxe on this.  I was pleasantly surprised by the Mt
Laguna Store.  I went up to the counter with my items and the guy working
there asked me if I had gone through the hiker box and then pointed it out
to me.  I hadn't and couldn't believe all the goodies I was able to grab.

I agree the prices are higher than you would pay in a big city, but with
shipping costs you will probably come out ahead just buying there - beside I
like buying some locally whenever I can - as it has a special trail karma
that helps support the businesses that help support the hikers.

Of course, if you have special dietary needs then you might have problems
resupplying anywhere but the larger towns.  I always bought a bit even in
the towns where I sent myself stuff (because of limited resupply options).
I'm a pretty picky eater, well maybe snobbish is more the term, as most of
what the typical hiker lived on I wouldn't eat on a regular basis (no ramen
for me).

Enjoy the trip, amazing is the only term that comes to mind when I think
about it.

Day-Late