[pct-l] water Straw

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 3 00:08:47 CDT 2010

For an affordable water straw go to walmart.com and search for "sawyer water filter" or see direct link below.  See reviews and specifications for more information.  One of the reviewers remarks about the use and effectiveness in Haiti so this might be the filter you are talking about.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sawyer-Inline-Water-Filter-with-34-Ounce-Bottle/8283710

I haven't seen people use these as straws on the PCT.    I did see one reviewer set-up this filter as an inline filter from a bladder which might be more practical.

I recommend testing any water filter out prior to using it on any hike.  I personally don't have any experience with this filter.

Paul