[pct-l] Gear List

Bradley Issler bradley.issler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 01:51:21 CDT 2010

Yo,

Your gear list seems alright.  One, you should consider a ULA pack (much
lighter).  Two, trash bag and ducks bag might be overkill.  I used only a
garbage disposal bag.  Three, the squishy bowl is unnecessary in my
opinion.  though, you are hiking with a partner so if it is for both of you
then maybe.  I used my pot to cook and eat out of.  4, (not for weight) but
consider the therm-a-rest neoair.  You will sleep soooooo well.
5, you dont need a cocoon.  It will be a pain in the ass and a 15 degree bag
is plenty.  I used my capilenes sometimes to sleep.  Don't worry, you will
have plenty of town stops to do laundry in.  Finally, you have alot of
electronics.  You might be better off with a pay as you go phone instead of
a blackberry.

Anyhow,

good luck.  You will definitely figure out stuff you don't need along the
way.  I started like you at 25lbs and was down to less than 15 in the end.
Definitely get a lighter pack!!!

See you at kickoff!

Jukebox.