[pct-l] new route north from Snoqualmie Pass.

Sean 'Miner' Nordeen sean at lifesadventures.net
Thu Apr 1 15:20:21 CDT 2010

>I haven't been up there since the fire in that area last summer, but my
>understanding is that it wasn't a large or vigorous fire; it was just very
>close to the trail so a section of it was closed while it burned.  I don't
>think there's any particular reason to use Gadget's route this year unless
>you just want to.

If you are talking about the Lemah fire just north of Snoqualmie Pass, then it did burn over the trail.  The affected area is just a few miles, but the trail was pretty erroded and chopped up with no vegetation left.  A few of the small bridges had holes burned through them.  With the lack of vegetation, I'm sure the spring runoff will do even more damage.  Never mind the damaged trees falling down this winter with the snow load.  The question is, will they be able to repair the trail before late August.