[pct-l] SWITCHBACK & REINHOLD.....after action reports

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Sep 26 15:33:10 CDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Reinhold Metzger <reinholdmetzger at cox.net>
To: hiker97 at aol.com
Cc: pct-l at backcountry.net; Deems <losthiker at sisqtel.net>
Sent: Sat, Sep 26, 2009 12:01 pm
Subject: SWITCHBACK & REINHOLD.....after action reports

Yes Switchback,?
I and the rest of the list will be anxiously waiting for your after action report knowing it will be loaded with useful information of "Do's & Dont's" and how to survive in a wilderness loaded with hiker stalking, flesh eating beasts of prey.?
?
Say, I just returned from my Catalina Island Expedition.?
Did some hiking including the "Trans Catalina Trail".....the highest peak is only around 2,000 ft., but that is from sea level and the view from the ridge is......"OCEAN".......in all directions.?
Another good thing about Catalina....there are no bears or "TRAIL PIRATES" to raid innocent hikers.?
There are, however, "Deer, Buffalo & Rattle Snakes.?
I found that the most challenging & stressful on the Catalina Expedition were the "Margaritas and the bikini clad Surfer Girls".?
I just could not slurp enough Margaritas or keep my eyes of the bikini clad Surfer Girls.?
For a guy my age (3 weeks shy of 69) that is more stressful than the Sierra.?
Besides, Karen kept giving me that "evil" look.?
?
JMT Reinhold?
Your young at heart trail companion?
?