[pct-l] How much water vs Margarita???

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Thu Sep 17 09:54:35 CDT 2009

/Ellen wrote:
A final word: when hiking in the heat of the desert, the heaviest thing
in // your pack should be water!
----------------------------------
JMT Reinhold replies:

I'm with you Ellen,
Some years ago, hiking the Apache Point Trail in the Grand Canyon, a
waterless & shadeless three day hike in 100
degree heat, I was hauling 12 liters.
Yes, water most definitely was the heaviest thing in my pack.

Well,  I'm of to Catalina Island to enjoy the cool ocean breezes while
Switchback is sweating in Las Vegas.
I will be thinking of you all while slurping  "Margaritas"  and watching
bikini clad surfer babes stroll by.
I believe  Ellen recommends a minimum of one liter of liquids  per
hour....lets see now....1 x 24 = 24.
Boy, that will be a lot of  "Margaritas".
Hhhmmm......I wonder how Margaritas, in place of water, would work when
hiking in the desert?
Just wondering,......that's all.

JMT Reinhold

/