[pct-l] How much water????

Will M jalan04 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:56:22 CDT 2009

I always ended up carrying way more water then I needed.  It was worth the
peace of mind for me and allowed me to drink liberally and maintain
hydration.

I would try to camel up, i.e. drink a lot of water, especially at good water
sources.  If the water reports indicated gross water ahead, I would carry
more water just in case I didn't like the upcoming source.

You can also cook a hot meal if you arrive at a water source at lunchtime
and eat your "dry" meal for dinner.

Also, I would echo the warnings about the stretch from the border to Lake
Morena.  I brought a lot of water but ended up w/severe cramps minutes after
arrival.  It seems that every year there is someone who has problems with
this stretch.