[pct-l] Where's the end of the trail?

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Tue Sep 8 11:20:09 CDT 2009

The trail ends at Monument 78 on the US/Canadian border. If I were yo-yoing, I'd turn around there rather than add the 9 extra miles (and time) by continuing to Manning Park, only to have to retrace my steps.

For the rest of us, the closest road on which to return to civilization is a few miles north of Monument 78 in Canada. The trail from the border to Manning Park is not part of the PCT; it's merely a convenience.