[pct-l] Station Fire

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Mon Sep 7 12:25:53 CDT 2009

While it is speculation only, I have a feeling that much of CA Section D may
be closed for some time to come.  It seems to be the trend of the managers
of the Angeles to (justifiably) close burned areas to allow them to recover.
We've had that happen here at Rowher Flats OHV area, which is west of the
PCT off Sierra Hwy.  It burned in the Buckweed Fire in '07.  That portion of
the Angeles was closed for a few years after the fire.

On the InciWeb site they've just posted a warning about drinking water in
the fire ravaged areas, urging everyone to boil their water thoroughly or
risk severe intestinal illness.

L-Rod