[pct-l] seam sealing a taped-seam sil-nylon tarp/fly?

linda.hungerford linda.hungerford at comcast.net
Fri Sep 4 11:07:48 CDT 2009

I have a four year old sil-nylon fly that has the seam sealing tape over the
inside seams.  As I found out in a 6 hour thunderstorm on Mt. Adams this
week, that tape has separated in a several spots from the fly, and has
little bubbles where it is about to separate some more.  Does anyone have
any advice about whether it would be best to apply seam seal on the outside
seams of the tarp, or go along and try to glue the seam seal tape down on
the inside on both sides using seam seal?  I'm hoping to use this shelter up
in the Alpine Lakes next week, so if anyone has some expertise keeping old
tents going, could you please respond?  Thank you!

linda