[pct-l] Minimum pack size/volume

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Wed Oct 28 12:19:58 CDT 2009

Weight is less important than bulk, and it's different for each of us, depending on what we elect to carry. That's why it is strongly suggested that you either take all your gear to the store to test load a pack before buying  it, or buy from a source that will let you exchange the pack if it turns out to be too small when you get it home.

And yes, you will need to allow for a bear canister from about Kennedy Meadows north to at least Sonora Pass, more likely Lake Tahoe.

Wandering Bob