[pct-l] Crampons

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Oct 24 06:00:30 CDT 2009

Good morning, Frooger,

I believe in the context of hiking rather than ice climbing, the term
"screws" refers to traction aids for shoes rather than screw-anchors
installed in ice.  See a photo of shoe-screws installed at:
http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=429216  and a discussion at:
http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=264768

Steel-Eye

Hiking the Pct since before it was the PCT -- 1965

 http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

 http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09