[pct-l] post service

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Oct 20 22:35:57 CDT 2009

In my experience holding packages for hikers here at Hiker Heaven, I would
advise to NEVER, EVER, EVER send a box you'll need parcel post. The post
office admits leaving parcel post boxes on the dock until they have room on
the truck or, seemingly, the inclination to mail them. I've seen parcel post
boxes take 30 days or more to arrive, on numerous occasions. It's a huge
frustration for the hikers involved. Use parcel post for stuff you mail
home, where there's no need of it arriving in a timely manner.

If you're using USPS, stick with Priority and flat rate when you need it to
be there when you arrive. It has the added benefit of free forwarding if
unopened, which comes in very handy.  Often and quite surprisingly, it
doesn't cost much more than parcel post in many cases.

L-Rod